Sunday, May 8, 2011

peaceful mind

it may just be the best feeling in the entire world to wake up slowly..knowing in that moment, there is nothing to do except listen to the sweet birdies chirping outside, and watch the rain fall against the window.

i have the hardest time quieting my brain; making it almost impossible to do the whole sleeping-in thing. weekends are the few precious hours in my week where I focus on creativity, and usually Im ready to go by the early hour of 6am. this saturday morning proved a very happy exception for me. my brain was so quiet...it felt like heaven. I was able to read in bed for two glorious hours! sipping coffee and just being in the moment. My mom recently started a book club- am LOVING our first book by emily giffen. (ps: I have a confession to make: I could not finish EatPrayLove...After toting it around with me for 3 months; still only halfway through, I decided it was time to throw in the towel.)

you may have read some of her other books: something borrowed (a personal all time fav), something blue, baby proof, love the one you're with. all highly recommended!


I spent a good portion of the day yesterday rearranging our home. I cannot wait to share pictures with you! Stay tuned for those...:)

These gorgeous purple wildflowers certainly make washing dishes a bit nicer.

Happy, happy mothers day to you, friends! are you doing anything special?
xxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment