Sunday, March 25, 2012

taking good care

working a regular 9 to 5 job makes early mornings, late nights, and weekends the most precious hours in the world, to me. these are the hours i'm able to lose myself to my creative spirit. messy hands, bits of paper, lots of paint, and free-spirit dreams.

because i don't live in some perfect world where creativity is always in an abundance, there are times when my mind is absolutely and completely blank. there is almost nothing more frustrating than a lack of inspiration and desire to create.

the best words came from my mom this weekend, who gently reminded me that it is during these creative lulls that we can accomplish all of our daily life tasks that often go overlooked when we get in full creative mode. she is absolutely right!
when our creative spirits need rest, this is the best time take good care of ourselves. indulge in nature walks. sit in a sunny window with a good book and delicious coffee, or just do nothing at all <3.

that is exactly what i did this weekend! the hubby and i road tripped to my parent's house where we indulged in nature walks, saw a movie (hunger games!), and took advantage of a chance to slow down and relax a bit.




on saturday, mom and i ran our first ever 10k! and, it was to benefit the most amazing woman battling cancer (see more here).

my creative spirit is still in hybernation, even after a long weekend away from the studio. and that is okay. i must remember that it is okay to come up for air once in awhile.

xxo

1 comment: