Tuesday, April 17, 2012

fate

this quote by van gogh is simply the best: "im not an adventurer by choice, but by fate". yes!

sometimes i wonder if i would feel more contentment in my life if i were not a major wanderlust. don't get me wrong - i looove being home. nesting. i love the calm and quiet that comes with living in the country. but there is always a little voice whispering to me, to branch out. to see this wonderfully amazing world we live in.



my girlfriend megan just recently packed up and moved to montana with her boyfriend (from portland, or!). talk about a serious adventure. i can just imagine them with their u-haul, listening to tunes and feeling the magic of the open road. i guess you could say im living vicariously through them?

happy tuesday, friends!
xxo

5 comments:

  1. :)

    Wander, girl! Wander!

    Love your new piece :)

    Where in MT did your friends move? Luke and I were considering moving there next... our lease is up in June! Or maybe back to NC? :)

    Keep up the great work! I love looking at my original Mary painting every day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We moved to Bozeman, MT. We've only been here about 72 hours but it's been great so far!

      Delete
    2. Katie, you are the sweetest! :)

      I think you guys would love MT! Oooh, you should also look into the McCall, Idaho area..absolutely gorgeous! The hubby and I are planning another trip into the mountains soon and both are high on my list. :)

      I'd definitely love to come and visit you in NC if/when you make it back there...you paint the prettiest picture in my head of it!

      xxo

      Delete
  2. oh, this is fabulous! Hopefully, I'll be able to take some pictures of MT. you'd love it....mountains, mountains, and more mountains. Come visit us anytime. hopefully, we'll have a place for you to stay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't Wait!
      Did you know that is where i got my tattoo? It was actually in Billings, MT...but MT nonetheless! Maybe I'll come back for my second! :)

      Delete