Thursday, August 23, 2012

hubby's alaskan adventure.

for the first few days he is gone, i always really enjoy myself. i tend to stay up super late. eat cereal for dinner. watch chick flicks like nobody's business. but, then it gets old. fast.

the hubby has been dreaming of visiting alaska since i've known him. and as of this month, that dream finally became a reality. i am thrilled for this adventure of his that has broadened his point of view, strenghtened his mind and body, and made him appreciate things in a new way.

he was able to snap a few photos  - and i wanted to share them with you:


he has been home 3 days now, and is still recovering. you know he is an avid outdoorsman to begin with - he says this was the biggest test of his mental and physical abilities yet.

i'm so happy he is home! doesn't he know i'm afraid of the dark?! haha.....(not totally kidding).

happy thursday, friends. i'm feeling excited about the approaching weekend. how about you?
xxo


7 comments:

  1. Hi! Newer reader to your blog! Beautiful photos, and I just wanted to mention - I am *totally* afraid of the dark and I especially hate dark, creepy places like basements and allies!



    Xo,
    ♥ Emily
    teatreevintage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, Yes! I am with you girl! Basements? No way! Not by myself, at least ;).
      Glad to know I'm not the only one.

      xxo

      Delete
  2. Just amazing photos. I don't know... the day before yesterday I arrived at work telling my co-wroker I was so sad my husband had to go out of town for a business meeting. She asked me when he was coming back and I answered :tomorrow. She told me to get over it! I still feel so sad when my hubby has to leave town. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He did a pretty nice job, didn't he?!
      That is so sweet! How long have you been married?
      I will admit: after dropping my hubby off at the airport around 5am the day he left, I was home shortly after (to an empty house of course), and felt soooo lonely! I was forced to comfort myself with a trip to my favorite coffee shop;).

      xxo

      Delete
  3. Wow these photos are amazing, picture perfect. I am glad he is home safe and sound with you now though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet!

      Hope you have the best weekend. Hooray for FRIDAY!
      xxo

      Delete
  4. Oh, these are so pretty!!! come to Montana. You'd like it too!

    ReplyDelete