Monday, October 29, 2012

like layers

yesterday, the hubby and i braved the pouring down rain and set out into the woods.
the leaves overhead acted as a giant umbrella.


i've always wondered if my love for the rain comes from growing up here in oregon, or if it is just in my blood. but i love it. the way it smells. the way it feels after is soaks my hair.


it occurred to me, in the quiet, that the beauty of autumn i love so much is a lot like layers in a painting.


 the colors. the foliage. the rain. the flocks of geese in the sky. layers upon layers of goodness.


tyler knott gregson said it best: 
look between the leaves that dance their way to the earth and find me waiting.

here's to a happy week, friends. 
xxo













2 comments:

  1. oh lovely layers. thank you for posting. the images are genius. the words delight.

    ReplyDelete