Wednesday, July 3, 2013

take me to the ocean

salt air

One of my favorite people on the planet took me agate hunting here last weekend!  We spent a few glorious hours roaming the sandy beach + talking + dreaming + listening to the waves and seagulls. I walked away feeling more relaxed and at peace than ever. Can you believe I've lived close to the ocean my entire life and I've never been agate hunting?! I'm already planning my next trip.:)

Have you been to the beach yet this summer? 

Here are a few of my latest ocean-inspired paintings:

ocean dreams

This one reads: "I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning to sail my ship" -Louisa May Alcott

anchor love

This little one was created on a vintage plaque - so much fun!  

It's been hot here lately. I mean really hot. And I love it. 

xo

1 comment:

  1. i'm so far away from the ocean, so thank you for sharing. beautiful as always!

    ReplyDelete